Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Arrival

This morning I arrived in Copenhagen.

With the exception of getting rear ended on the highway on the way to the airport in Chicago (it was a minor accident, everyone is okay), it was an uneventful trip. I flew from Chicago to JFK to Amsterdam to Copenhagen. That made it a long trip, but I didn't have any very long layovers so there wasn't too much waiting around.

When I arrived this morning, my assigned buddy from CBS met me at the airport. She was so kind and helpful. We took the train and then the bus to arrive at my apartment. Through one of the Danish exchange students at Purdue last semester, we found an apartment to sublet from a Danish student who is abroad this semester. She was flying out this afternoon, so she was able to turn over the apartment in person and show me how everything works and answer my questions. I'll post more pictures of the apartment in the days ahead. Here are pictures of the living room, which we will also use as a second bedroom.

CPH apartment 1

CPH apartment 2

The apartment has two balconies! One off the living room and another off the kitchen (on the back side of the apartment).

After getting the apartment settled, my buddy took me around the neighborhood to show me where different stores are and help me get some groceries and needed household items. Since then I've been unpacking and trying to figure out what details I need to take care of over the next few days. I also went for a great run. The route I did is sure to be a regular one and I will be sure to take some pictures to share. I mostly ran on a trail around two large lakes. I was pleased to see about a dozen other runners out.

This evening I am going out to dinner with my buddy and some of her friends. After that I'm looking forward to some very sound sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, but that doesn't mean it's super warm. I'm wearing my coat right now...

      Delete
  2. So would you say this is Danish Modern in design? It looks wonderful. How nice to also have a buddy to welcome you.
    Nancy Good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this is quite Danish Modern--Danish Modern is really an older style, but I think it still influences a lot of the aesthetic today.

      Delete
  3. Damn this apartment looks really nice. How much was it a month?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 9000 DKK a month including internet, utilities.

    ReplyDelete