Sunday, January 27, 2013

First Few Days

My first days in Copenhagen have been spent getting settled in. I've unpacked, run errands, done paperwork for my temporary residence permit, bought a bike, and begun to explore the city. Copenhagen seems like an interesting city and I'm eager to explore more. Here are some photos from my first few days (sorry about the quality, it was pretty dark when most of these were taken).

Copenhagen has a series of lakes with bridges in the middle of the city. It snowed last night and then later today. As I was biking over the bridge in the snow, I stopped to take this picture. 

The night Ziyu, the other Purdue student arrived, we went out to dinner with her Danish buddy. We went to a cool little restaurant where I had a delicious dinner. I had a cheese and spinach tart. It was really different than anything I've had before; I think they used bread as the crust of the tart.

After Ziyu got her bike, we wanted to go somewhere so she could give it a test drive. I wanted to see  the sea, so we decided to go to the Little Mermaid, even though it is one of the most overrated tourist traps. Although we got a little lost on the way there it was a fun ride and great to see more of the city. However, the closer we got to the water, the windier it got. We were pretty cold by the time we got home.


3 comments:

  1. Your blog reflects your personality. Organized.

    Mine...DRAMATIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you finally owning up to being a drama queen?

    ReplyDelete